the three little piggies

Once upon a time, there were three little piggies and as with life, it was time for them to grow up and make homes of their own.
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
The Mom Pig shared some last bits of advice and told them “Good, better, best. Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better best!” Then, she showered them with kisses and bid them farewell.
the story of the three little pigs
All three of the little piggies were so excited to be out on their own. They could hardly wait to be able to do whatever their little piggy hearts desired.
the story of the three little pigs
Unfortunately, little did the three little piggies know that a Big Bad Wolf was watching them from afar.
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
The Baby Little Piggy got tired and decided to make a home. She said to her sisters, “Hey hay! This will make such an easy home.”
The other sister piggies reminded her, “Mommy said, “Good, better, best. Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better best! So are you sure that making a shortcut home is best? What if rain comes? Or strong winds?”
Baby Little Piggy said, “I will be fine! I will just fix it up later.”
The two older piggies bid Baby Little Piggy goodbye and continued on their journey.
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
Baby Little Piggy did not know the wolf was eagerly waiting to get her all alone and once she was, he made his move. The Big Bad Wolf went up to the house and said, “Let me in Baby Little Piggy or I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in!”
Baby Little Piggy said, “Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.”
But of course, the house of hay was not made very well and so the Big Bad Wolf did the blow the house in and ate the Baby Little Piggy.
the story of the three little pigs
Meanwhile, the Middle Little Piggy got tired and decided to build herself a house of twigs. Of course, her older sister warned her against building a house out of twigs. Older Little Piggy said, “Sure, it’s easy, but in the end that wouldn’t be the best choice.”
Middle Little Piggy was just so tired of walking and wanted to rest, so she insisted that she would be fine; she would just fix it up later. With that, the Middle Little Piggy started building her house and the Older Little Piggy went on her merry way.
The Big Bad Wolf approached the Middle Little Piggy’s house just as she finished putting it together.
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
The Big Bad Wolf went up to the house and said, “Let me in Middle Little Piggy or I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in!”
Middle Little Piggy said, “Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.”
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
But of course, the house of twigs was not made very well and so the Big Bad Wolf did blow the house in and ate the Middle Little Piggy.
Now being the responsible one and constantly hearing her mother’s words, “Good, better, best. Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better best.” She wanted to make sure to build the best house ever, so when she found the perfect spot, she set off to do just that. She found a pile of bricks and went about building her house.
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
the story of the three little pigs
The Older Little Piggy worked long and hard building her house, and it was the sturdiest house that you ever did see! The Older Little Piggy went in to make herself some dinner right about the time the Big Bad Wolf began to approach her house of bricks.
the story of the three little pigs
The Big Bad Wolf went up to the house and said, “Let me in Older Little Piggy or I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house in!”
Older Little Piggy said, “Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.”
the story of the three little pigs
The Big Bad Wolf said, “We’ll see about that.”
The wolf huffed and puffed, but the house would not blow in. So he tried it again. He huffed and puffed, and huffed and puffed, but still that house would not blow in.
The wolf thought he was very clever, so he made his way onto the roof to climb through the fireplace. Now, the Older Little Piggy was much more clever, so she placed a big boiling pot at the bottom of the hole. Therefore, when the wolf finally climbed down, there was a big “KERSPLASH!” into that boiling pot of water, just in time for the Older Little Piggy’s dinner.
the story of the three little pigsthe story of the three little pigs
the story of the three little pigs
The Older Little Piggy cried out, “Sucka! You my suppa!” and that was the end of the Big Bad Wolf. The Older Little Piggy enjoyed her dinner as she was thankful for her mother’s advice. She thought, “My mom is right… Good, better, best. Never let it rest, until your good is better and your better best!”
The Older Little Piggy lived happily ever after!
Have a Happy Halloween folks! Hope you enjoyed our story and little video.

Want to read our past Halloween stories? read Hannah and Gretel, The Untold Story of Oz, and Little Red Riding Hood.

Comments

43 Responses to “the three little piggies”

1. Sara says:

I was showing my sister all your posts tonight…and I literally said..”now she has 3…so manybe 3 little pigs this year?”..I adore these so, so much! Happy Halloween!

2. melindakimbo says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. too cute! Ben got SUPER hairy. … …

3. Allison says:

Haha, I love the “Sucka! You my suppa!” line- SO FUNNY. Love the costumes this year!

4. jane says:

NUMBER 1: ben is number 1. he is so great at doing these EVER YEAR!

NUMBER 2: you totally look like rj in that second pic. :) you look super super young!

NUMBER 3: did you totally make the girls' dresses? what am i asking? of course you did!

NUMBER 4: i love how their piggy tails stick out the back!

NUMBER 5: i LOVE soul's face when ben aka “big bad wolf” scares her. it's classic! and i'm sure she was truly frightened!

NUMBER 6: true is SUCH a natural and a ham!

NUMBER 7: i HEART that video!! :)

NUMBER 8: bravey is getting so so pretty.

NUMBER 9: have i ever told you what a super mom you are?

NUMBER 10: love ya!!!!!! and really loved this!

5. Ellen says:

it gets better every year!! ahhh!!!! soooo cuuteeeeeeee

6. Kim says:

this is absolutely perfection, ruby ellen. so cute & clever you little bratchers are!

7. Misha Lulu says:

Awesome as usual!!!!!!! and the video is SUPER!
    YOU GUYS ARE the best!

8. Misha Lulu says:

that wolf has some good rhythm!

9. i love this ruby!!! soul is so cute :)

10. wonderful
    happy Halloween

11. kristen says:

that is so cute!!! love it!! happy halloween guys!

12. Sini says:

hihi this is so cute! you are look so sweet with the piggy noses :)

13. Emily B. says:

Oh my goodness, you truly have a gift of creativity that inspires! I hadn't seen your halloween fairy tails before and had so much fun looking back at them all! What a very fun family you have, this has got to be about the best tradition too!

14. joolee says:

adorable!! i love it.

15. Reticella says:

this is genius. so precious, yet sad when the other little ladies get eaten!

16. I love Ben's dancing in the video. hehe… Hip Hop Abs! Just Kidding :)

17. Iris says:

very cute! now that you have three you can do all the stories that have “three” in them! so fun! thanks for sharing! i look forward to it every year!

18. Probably one of the best blog posts i have ever seen! I love it and love your blog!
    -Ceci.

19. Katie says:

adoreable. they are just too cute.

20. you guys are the most adorable people I have EVER seen in my entire life. my friend just recently showed me your blog, and i LOVE it!

thanks for sharing your precious family!

-katherine

21. libbydibby says:

once again, ruby, you have outdone yourself!
    unbelievably cute.

miss you!
    liberty

22. Sweet!!! Though I'm a little spooked by the wolf… Happy Halloween to all five of you!!!! :)

23. this is one of the cutest Halloween traditions I have ever seen!!

24. Love the story and pictures and video! Your girls are lucky to have such a fun mommy & daddy. You're making such great memories.

~ Jennifer

25. Eleni says:

Oh. My. God. May I please just gather up your entire family and keep them in my pocket? You guys are ADORABLE!!

26. If there are awards to be handed out for best blog or best blog post then you all need to be handed one ASAP! Bravo! This is so sweet, creative, and full of fun!

27. kim says:

That is the cutest thing ever. You're so creative!

28. janis says:

all right, that settles it. you have the most adorable family ever. you will be my inspiration when i have three little piggies of my own…

29. samantha says:

Ridiculously adorable! The best part was, “Sucka! You my suppa!” Haha, love it! Good job guys!

30. this is too adorable for words :)

31. Sooo good, Im absolutely in love!! So classically amazing

32. Anna says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

33. Anna says:

How happy! Your precious girls are going to so enjoy watching these when they're grown! :) What a fun and adventurous family you and Ben have made!

34. Becky says:

perfect, as always!

35. Renee says:

I enjoy looking forward to your plays every year…it really is so fun watching the story come together.Your daughters must think you are such fun parents…trust me they will remember the fun things you did with them at this age….my daughters still have slight memories of what they remember as their fun times as toddlers.I think that last pic is my fave of the story…too cute!Ok,now what's planned for next year?Maybe you can make us a little fall play??

36. jozen says:

yay! true is wearing the dress i sent you!

look forward to this every year :)

37. Meg says:

sooo stinking cute and creative!!! that must have been so fun for your kiddos, what a magical childhood they have :) and it will be so fun for them to look back at this!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying...
  1. [...] that we really have a lot of fun with Halloween costumes, we’ve had a barber shop quartet, The Three Little Piggies, Hannah and Gretel, The Untold Story of Oz, and Little Red Riding Hood. This year I am letting the [...]

2. [...] you can click here and zoom in or out. Check out past Halloween stories… barber shop quartet, The Three Little Piggies, Hannah and Gretel, The Untold Story of Oz, and Little Red Riding Hood, and when True was our only [...]

3. [...] stories… 2012: The Adventures of Spider-Girl & She-ra 2011: Barbershop Quartet 2010: The Three Little Piggies 2009: Hannah and Gretel 2008: The Untold Story of Oz 2007: Little Red Riding Hood [...]