DIY: A HANDMADE TREE TOPPER

diy: christmas tree topper
For the past several years, we have never used a tree topper because I could never find one I liked. We go very simple on our tree just stringing garland and this simple tree topper is what I have always been looking for. The handmade feel of it is just too irresistibly sweet!
We may be making smaller versions of it to hang some little stars around the house. Also, the fabric strips I used were from this ribbon spool. I saw it when I went to Anthropologie recently and it was just too fun and colorful to not buy just because, but then it came in handy for this little project!
So tell me, what do you use to top your Christmas tree?

Comments

15 Responses to “DIY: A HANDMADE TREE TOPPER”

1. lizziedoesit says:

i made a bunch of bows for my tree with felt, different colors and my star is silver. i was looking at it last night like, this star has to go!! we need a colorful one. so thanks to you, im gonna make a new one and not buy one. GREAT IDEA RUBYELLEN!!! this is AWESOME!! :)

xoxo

2. bunavita says:

awesome idea! nice star you made there :)

3. jane says:

i liked your hand-drawn paper stars, too! But this star is way too cute! And way you! :)

4. Siem says:

This one is so pretty.
    We used a kitschy silver star this year. It has three little colored christmas ornaments hanging underneath it. It's an inheritance from my husbands grandmother.

5. Mariana says:

Love this! And I love, how you showed the process of it.

6. amy D says:

oooh, love this!!! i really need to make this. i bought a silver star a few years ago that i really like, but it is insanely heavy and just topples right off the tree :( so now it sits on my coffee table, lol.
    thanks for the tutorial! i'll definitely be adding this to my list :)

7. Chaucee says:

Nice! This is a really neat idea!

8. Ashley says:

I just wanted you to know that I have become a new follower solely based on your beautiful testament to live your life for Jesus Christ in your “about me”. I'm pleased to be here :)

9. Jodi Ann says:

that's so cute! You're so creative :)

10. Rose says:

What a lovely blog!

Love a great DIY! xx

The Londoner

11. Oh I love that, so cute and sweet. I have a silver star at the top of my tree.

12. Vivi says:

i love how you did this post! super cute & inspiring xx

vivI.Iviv

13. RoeandLee says:

Whoop! I got that same spool of fabric @ Anthro too! Ive been using it to hang our Advent calendar and wrap gifts. I might have enough left to do this project! Its beautiful :)

14. I'm loving your DIY holiday decor! My tree topper is a glittery snowflake. I'm not sure what its original purpose was, although I know it was not tree topper, but I love it there!