DIY: SURPRISE LOVE BALL

surprise love ballsurprise love ballsurprise love ball
surprise love ball
surprise love ball
Each note coordinated with the gift it was attached with. For example, the hotwheel car note said, “You’re hot!” and the whoopee cushion note said, “You make my heart go, “Whoopee!”" or the yo-yo note said, “Yo my favorite thing!” Some also may be a little too risque to share here! *wink*
The ball actually took Ben 15 minutes to unravel and he was tired by the end of it, but loving it all. I like making surprises for him! He’s one of a kind!!! The video condensed that time into a minute and a half. I had seen these surprise balls circulate the blogosphere a few years ago and was always waiting for the perfect opportunity to make one for Ben. I was loving making that ball so much, I am kind of in need to make another. I hope I have to make another present for someone soon!

Comments

17 Responses to “DIY: SURPRISE LOVE BALL”

1. Charissa says:

I love this, Rubyellen! Bookmarking for future inspiration.

Also, unrelated – I was looking at some of your sponsor links and noticed the second ad down doesn't link to anything. Is that deliberate? Have a great day!

2. aubry. says:

very sweet! did you get the idea from kersey's blog? http://www.ardorblog.com/2012/01/diy-valentine-surprise-balls.html

i thought it was genius then and it's equally as sweet here!

3. Rubyellen says:

aubrey- actually, no i didn''t. never even heard of her blog til now! thanks for sharing. love that confetti bit added to it! i learned of it from here eons ago… http://miekewillems.blogspot.com/2009/12/surprise-balls.html
    i guess kersey and i happen to make a similar translation.

charissa- thanks for telling me. just fixed it!

4. reeve says:

I am so in love with this idea!! Thanks for sharing.

5. Megan says:

This is such a sweet idea, I might make on for my boyfriend for our anniversary. Too cute!

xo, Megan
    gingerly

6. oh totally making this for my fiance! he loves when i make him gifts like these so this one is fantastic. pinning it now – thanks!

7. Dasha says:

I love DIY projects, I always make something special for friends and loved ones. Thanks for posting lovely ideas

xx
    Dasha Gold

8. Holy hulu! Imagine my surprise when I started to watch Modern Family, and I see your beautiful family for Levi! I was so jazzed! I've been following for a while, and have never commented, but I thought this definitely called for a tiny shout-out! <3

9. cranny + b says:

I don't know why I just became a follower of your blog–I should've become a follower a long time ago! :( happy to be one now! : )

10. Bookmarked!! This is adorable. Def. want to try this out in the future. Thanks for posting this and the fun video. =)

11. Hi, I found your blog via the Levi's commercial. I wasn't that intrigued by the jeans, but very interested in crafts and being a mom. I have been keeping a journal-blog since 2003 and haven't recently decided to make craft blog- to keep track of art I make and want to create. I just got married in Nov and David and I are hoping to start a family. Thanks for all the great ideas.

12. Que legal, achei muito carinhoso!

13. very cute and creative! I love it.

14. Alice Barton says:

that is soo cute, and the music is lovely, too! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying...
  1. [...] goes along way to make a gift unique and extra special. I was inspired by Rubyellen’s Love Ball from Cakies.I had a stash of crepe paper rolls from my previous projects that worked perfectly for [...]