my new plant baby

plants
plants
plants
plants
plants
I am sure you know by now I am a big fan of all types of plants (see here and here). I have them everywhere in the house and I have a list of plants that I have been wanting to add under my care. I always thought I would have a brown thumb because my mom has a really brown thumb, but to my surprise, I am not so bad. In my search for more plants, we went to a local nursery Sunday afternoon and I came home with a new and very cool plant baby! It’s an Aralia Balfour and it is supposed to be low maintenance, so that always works well with this mama of four.

I have already put it in its special place and I keep going to that room to look at it. It’s so pretty and has so much personality. I really love the clean, simple lines of it. Plants are like sculptures to me. They really are! They add a lot of punch and personality to a space. I already put a special order for another house plant and I can’t wait to get that one in.

What’s your favorite indoor plant? Or do you have a brown thumb?

on me: shirt, madewell. skirt, c/o ModCloth. shoes, c/o ModCloth. bag, ms. tips.

Comments

12 Responses to “my new plant baby”

1. Hannah says:

Love it, I always like to think I have a green thumb, the dead plants beg to differ. My excuse is I never have enough time to water and love on them, I just bought some new plants so we shall see if they will survive!

2. Megan Lane says:

I love it!! I also love that outfit!! Love how effortless is looks. I think it’s about time I get myself a chambray top.. That one is perfection.

3. Beth Baker says:

I love that guy! Having plants inside and out is amazing but I have to ask how you keep the littles out of your indoor plants. I have a 13 month old that loves to eat dirt so all of our plants inside are little ones we can keep up high.

• mycakies says:

you know what, i’m not sure. maybe my girls are not that curious when it comes to plants, but i have never had that problem. we’ve had plants around all of them since they were babies and never really go after it. on occasion, they will tear a leaf off or pick it off to give to me as a gift, but in general they know touching mommy’s plants is off limits, so that’s that.

4. Sharyl says:

i’ve always thought i had a brown thumb. Ive never really grown (or kept alive) any plant in my life. Husband bought me an orchid plant last week, and another one was gifted by a friend. We’ve also gotten some succulents and potted mums for the backyard. I am really really hoping I can keep all of them alive.*keeping fingers crossed*

5. Miu says:

I have no plants in my room, but only because I do not have enough space.
    But my mum has many plants and she can’t have enough, too^^
    My favourite plant is Schefflera actinophylla, I really like the shape of its leaves.

6. I confess, I have the same addiction…!

7. I love my birdnest fern. It is pretty, a bit girly and most importantly low maintenance.

8. Jaimie says:

Ahh I love those! I want one!!! :) I love green things in the home, but I also need LOW maintenance!!

9. Lisa says:

I need that plant, yours is SO sculptural and gorgeous! I’d love to find one like that!!

10. I make plants die other than the rosebush I planted at my parents’ house about 9 years ago. :: sigh ::

11. melody says:

you look so pretty ruby! :)