stocking stuffers for kids!
Well, next year is here and this time I am not waiting until the last minute. Ben usually always puts a piece of fresh fruit in all our stockings (he is a true dietitian after all). I usually get an Asian pear, which is one of my favorites. Though the thing I am most excited about is putting in a disposable camera in each of the girls’ stockings (not Glow’s). I want them to be able to take pictures of whatever they want on Christmas. I think those pictures would be so precious and that disposable camera thing is something I want to start doing every year in their stockings. Along with that and a fresh fruit, here are a few other healthy and engaging ideas for kids…
1. Just Blueberries. This is one of our favorite dried fruit companies. Or we may also just pick up a package or two from Trader Joe’s and stick that in. Besides a piece of fresh fruit, we typically also put in a package of dried fruit.
2. Washi Tape. The girls love to steal my washi tape, so I got them some of their own to use for their decorating pleasure.
3. Disposable Camera. I can’t wait to see the memories they capture on their own. This will be a new yearly tradition for sure!
4. Just Veggies. If you’re going to give them some fruit, make sure to add some veggies!
5. Brita Bottle for Kids. We don’t have a filtration system and have always used a Brita pitcher to filter our water, so I was pretty excited to team up with Brita to share with you their kids bottle. We’re all definitely big water drinkers in our home! The girls have some bottles they bring with them to school, but it’s always leaking through their lunch pails, so I think I want to give this one a try!
6. Story Doodles Place Mats. This is a such a fun way to engage kids (and families) at the dinner table. I think creating stories together is a great way to make memories. Roll it up to stuff it in the stocking!
7. Crayon Rocks. These little crayons are so easy to whip out when they want to color and draw. We’ve used them in the past, but I think it’s time for a refill.
The girls are so excited for Christmas and I need to start wrapping presents! Most of our Christmas decorations are up, but there are just a couple more things I want to add. We all love this time of year and getting to experience the joy in scheming to surprise loved ones with things you know they will appreciate and love! Do you do stocking stuffers? If so, I would love to hear what kinds of things you put in!