family meals: week 59

bo ssam bo ssam Bossam. I mixed this and this recipe together, healthified it a bit (by using more veggies and lean pork sirloin), threw in some of my Korean food know-how (thanks to this lady!), and we had a yummy dinner that had my husband wow-ed. We are making this again soon for sure, especially because the reason I made this was to find a use for the 4-pack of lean pork sirloin Ben bought on sale (we don’t normally eat pork, but thought we’d try it).

enchiladas Spicy Tomatillo and Chicken Enchiladas. I used to follow this recipe, but this time I didn’t follow it, and just went off memory and what I thought. I’m getting more courageous in the kitchen to not follow something word for word, but I have made a few mistakes here and there (like forgetting to put salt, but which is just as well because we go light on salt anyway). I make the girls a batch without the spice and they love it too!

Week of 1/27 – 1/31
Monday: Spaghetti
Tuesday: Caramelized Butternut, Crispy Kale, and Fontina Pizza
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: White Bean Chili (we didn’t have dinner club last week, but we’re bringing it back this week)
Friday: Sushi/pizza night

I’m feeling some homemade pizza this coming week, so we will be doing dough making on Monday. I can’t wait to teach True how to make it! What are some of your favorite homemade pizza recipes?

Comments

9 Responses to “family meals: week 59”

1. Kate says:

This looks delicious! Can I ask, what are the leaves you have used to wrap??

2. tinajo says:

Love the freshness in the first pic! :-)

3. nikki says:

those enchiladas look amazing!

xxoo,
    nikki

4. Hannah says:

That looks so delicious! It’s making me hungry!

5. Jenny says:

I am a new reader – love your clean, fresh pics! Our family has made lots and lots of pizzas, trying to find the perfect crust. This is THE recipe: http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/classic-pizza-margherita. I sub whole wheat flour (hard white) for half the flour. It makes a crispy, slightly chewy, PERFECT crust! Have a delicious week!

6. sara says:

These look so good! I love making homemade pizza. :) We do all sorts of different ones, but this has got to be my fav:

7. Clair says:

My husband and I make pizza all the time. Our recent favorite is pesto, smoked salmon, goat cheese, roasted garlic and fresh tomatoes. Delicious!