Ben got his late Papi Day surprise on Saturday afternoon (True was sick the day before father’s day when we originally planned to do it). The girls and I put together a special package for him that was going to assist in the little adventure they were about to embark on.
What was needed: A large muslin bag, washi tape (purchased from Pretty Tape and speedily sent to me), fuji instax mini, fuiji mini film, and a mini hunting book.
The hunting book was put together using some string, black poster board, glue, white pen, and an exacto knife to cut the poster board.
In the mini hunting book, were the things that Papi and his big girls were going to be hunting for.
All was nicely contained in a muslin bag and ready for their hunting adventure.
Their Papi did not know what was in store for him. He thought we were all going out as a family, but what actually happened was we sat him down, gave him his present, gave him instructions and sent him off an adventure with his big girls. It was a special Papi and big girls date!
His instructions: Go and find the list of items (they weren’t super specific, but little phrases that allowed them to be creative) and capture each find on film.
A bit panicked as this was not what he was expecting, Papi and his big girls quickly took off on their hunting adventure.
1. round and flies: They went to the nearby carnival and the girls played a ring toss game.
2. a little cat: Papi took them to the nearest Hello Kitty store and each girl got to pick out a special kitty treat.
3. a sweet treat: They went to a candy store and bought some sweet treats and came home with sticky, colored faces.
4. very pink: Papi bought each girl her own special pink rose.
5. black as night: They went to a nearby farm store and bought some delicious blackberries.
6. spins and spins: At the carnival, they rode motorcycles, a carousel, and a dumbo-like ride.
7. hugs and kisses: Giving their Papi some love!
8. super yummy: When their hungers called, they answered with some yummy Arby’s sandwiches at the big girls’ request.
9. printed word: They found themselves all over the newspaper.
10. totally rocks: They found a large pile of rocks, stood on top, and yelled, “Rock on!!!”
They came home with lots of stories and a heart full of joy. We ended the night watching fireworks from the nearby carnival on our front lawn and all of them recalling their favorite finds of the day. The girls had big smiles and lolliop remnants all over their faces and their Papi has a mini hunting book full of memories to look upon. I think this will become a new Papi Day tradition!
What did Mommy and Soulie do? While Soulie napped, Mommy got as much cleaning done as she could, then they had a quiet dinner together, went outside in the garden for a bit, then when Soulie went to bed, and Mommy got even more cleaning done (while watching a movie). It was kinda nice having a bit of quiet in the house, but I was so happy to have them home and hear about their fun adventure!
I am already excited to plan another hunting adventure!!!