black cats & friendly ghosts

October 5, 2012

black cats and friendly ghostsblack cats and friendly ghostsblack cats and friendly ghostsblack cats and friendly ghostsblacks cats and friendly ghostsblack cats and friendly ghostsblack cats and friendly ghostsblack cats and friendly ghosts Supplies needed: scissors, pencil, black and white card stock (or poster board), string of lights, hole puncher, and black cats & friendly ghosts template (click on link to download, but can totally make this any size you feel will work best for you and your lights).

Directions: 1) Cut out template. 2) Trace onto card stock and cut out. 3) Hole punch the eyes. 4) Attach to the string of lights by putting the lights through the eyes. 5) Hang up somewhere spooky!!!

So easy and fun! Totally my motto when it comes to DIYs! We did this while Soul was napping and the big girls did the tracing and cutting. I punched the holes (and took the pictures). They’ve been wanting to decorate for Halloween and this was the solution. I just need to get some little pumpkins to put on the mantle and I say we’re all set.

I remember when I was little and wanting to decorate my house for Halloween. Once I traced multiple copies of my foot onto construction paper, cut it out, went out to the driveway, and attempted to tape it to the concrete leading to the front door of the house. I don’t think it stuck very well and ended up just bringing them all back inside. I also dreamed up making fake tombstones to put all over the front yard, but poster board doesn’t really survive too long in the grass. Those were my Halloween decorating dreams as a kid. If you celebrate Halloween, how do you decorate?

40 comments on “black cats & friendly ghosts”

• Mariana says:

What a great idea!!
    The ‘boo-photo’ has totally convinced me that we should make these, too. 🙂

• this is so brilliant I can’t even handle it — i’m gonna put this on my friday Cool Stuff list next week for sure!!!!

• Lonnie says:

Ok, i have tried 8 times to read the tutorial on the clutch purse. As soon as it comes up, it reroutes to this page. I started at Allfreesewing. Is it no longer available? it was a new email from Allfreesewing.

thanks

• Rubyellen says:

Hi. Sorry. Allfreesewing is linking to an old page on my old site which reroutes to the new site. It can be found on here but I definitely want to redo instructions for it soon.

• Miki says:

What a great idea? Can I ask you where you bought the lights?

Have a fun weekend!

Miki.

• Jessica says:

This is so adorable and perfect for today’s after-school craft. Thanks for sharing!

• Deirdre says:

Adorable and affordable…so fun for the kiddles!

• JadeC says:

I love this! So cute! I have to ask, where did you get the white lights? I have wanted some for a while but can’t find them. And I think this wouldn’t look quite as cute with christmas lights that have green cords.

• Sofia Gil says:

Lovely idea to make with small ones, love it, congratulations!

• Ana says:

What a great idea! I have to make this. I haven’t put any Halloween decorations inside. The girls will love this!

• Sophie says:

Wow, this is such a cute idea! I especially love the cat ones.

• Chris says:

Thanks!!!! Going to have fun making these 🙂

• Mindy says:

Came from prudent baby – love this idea! I may just do it for my daughter’s preschool!

• Ana says:

I’ve been thinking of ways to decorate my wall and so far this is the best. 😀 But I have to ask, won’t the paper catch fire due to overheating or something? Or is there a way of adjusting it? Thanks a lot! :)))

• Robbga12 says:

[p]Administration Discussion: earplugs can ensure you experience fabulous . You happen to be to be feeling invited and surprised to [url=http://www.cheapsbeatsale.com]monster beats by dre[/url] talk about and get dre headsets by Dr Dre headphones at our Best Headphone Purchase . Monster cable television head-phone cable [url=http://www.cheapsbeatsale.com]beats by dre custom[/url] 2 . Since, Dr Dre was also a producer; he understood the necessity of [url=http://www.cheapsbeatsale.com]Beats By Dre Studio[/url] a good headphone, which will help recording managers to listen to filtered sound, before they can judge the quality of the sound . Even the body is made with [url=http://www.cheapsbeatsale.com]cheap beats by dre[/url] ideal material so that it doesn隆炉t burn off if the temperature rises and you can hold the manage effectively and iron any amount of clothes . HTC owns the largest stake in Beats [url=http://www.cheapsbeatsale.com]solo beats by dre[/url] at $300 million, but is not the only company involved in the technology . Currently known as Daisy, the new service is set to launch early next year . The expertise gained will remain, but the decision not to renew the contract with Monster will likely change the way that Beats are manufactured.[/p]

• These are adorable and super easy to make!

• The person or the sub-group that can guess the
    maximum names correctly wins a prize. It recently signed with Akamai Technologies, one
    PC Game Supply offers will be guaranteed to offer the fastest download speeds and the most reliable connections.

The series shifts from Fenway Park, to the Rays’ home
    field, where they’ll try to stay alive, already down 0-2
    in a best-of-5 game series.

• I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be exactly I’m looking for.
    can you offer guest writers to write content for
    yourself? I wouldn’t mind creating a post
    or elaborating on some of the subjects you write concerning here.

Again, awesome weblog!

• Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting
    more from this web page, and your views are pleasant in favor of new viewers.

• road scooter says:

I found this mechanic who does a best wishes repairing Vespa scooters during his spare time.

He provides the spare parts produced himself. A superior provider.

• Lebe Wie DIY says:

So adorable! I like the cat idea but i did a lot of other pets too (Dogs and Pandas). Thank you for the great idea!

• Shiza says:

• tuky says:

It recently signed with Akamai Technologies, one of the largest online content providers and hosting companies in the world, meaning that the game downloads and other content PC Five star Supply offers will be guaranteed to offer the fastest download speeds and the most reliable connections.

• Scott says:

In all seriousness, I’m with you all the way. Pinterest is a great venue to bookmark ideas, but has really become a complete source for people from weddings to house ideas. Definitely takes away from originality. On the other hand, I see that it has encouraged. creativity in people who arent normally creative. Great post, thanks!WiFi

• holidays says:

thank you for all of this scone inspiration! My favorite looks like it will be triple berry, but also like the interesting cranberry orange pairing. I had heard of it, but didn’t really know what it was. I knew it as a Mexican soup with hominy in it.

• Harry says:

a few of the adults were super stoked about them too;) The only negative thing that happened was when I had the treats displayed on the table for several hours…some of the rice krispie stars eventually started to get too soft, drooped, and fell off:( The only solution I can think of is to keep the treats in the refrigerator until ready to serve, but then you can’t have them displayed. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any other solutions? Maybe make the treats thicker?Craft Beer Sacramento

• Shiza says:

Keep in mind that the Food and Wine Event Festival opens with the World Showcase at 11 am each day. I suggest you visit early to avoid crowds and experience as much of the festival as you can! And try to visit during the week to avoid the locals who come in on the weekends.Cannabis Crop Insurance

• Even if I listened to podcasts all day at work (which I can’t because I’m a horrible multi-tasker) I couldn’t make it through all of these. A very impressive list, my dear. Might just have to check some of these out. Thanks for sharing!

• lisa says:

I am IN LOVE with the “Totally” mega-franchise (and baby Steadman/Otis was finally born today – so huge hooray to the Laime-Rosen family!) and I re-listened to the Jason Mantzoukas episode from the last laugh just this afternoon. I laughed out loud. Again. For the third time. Thank you for getting me hooked last year! I am also a recent mommy, so the Totally Mommy podcast has become a big time favorite of mine also.
    yoga shorts hawaii

• I have as of late begun a web journal, the data you give on this website has helped me incredibly. A debt of gratitude is in order for the greater part of your time and work.

• lisa says:

Even if I listened to podcasts all day at work (which I can’t because I’m a horrible multi-tasker) I couldn’t make it through all of these. A very impressive list, my dear. Might just have to check some of these out. Thanks for sharing!jeftine avio karte

• lisa says:

a few of the adults were super stoked about them too;) The only negative thing that happened was when I had the treats displayed on the table for several hours…some of the rice krispie stars eventually started to get too soft, drooped, and fell off:( The only solution I can think of is to keep the treats in the refrigerator until ready to serve, but then you can’t have them displayed. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any other solutions? Maybe make the treats thicker?Omio Coupons

• Hello, In all seriousness, I’m with you all the way. Pinterest is a great venue to bookmark ideas, but has really become a complete source for people from weddings to house ideas. Definitely takes away from originality. On the other hand, I see that it has encouraged. creativity in people who arent normally creative. Great post, thanks!

• lisa says:

Hi I Love this! I wished I’d seen this earlier but I shared it with our members at Cafemom Holiday and Party Craft group in the July 4th Forum with a link back to your blog for the tutorial.just education online