this makes us smile

we love our hammock
we love our hammock
we love our hammock
we love our hammock
we love our hammock
One of the things we have been loving this summer is our indoor hammock. I actually bought this hammock over two years ago and have been patiently waiting to put it up, and at the beginning of Summer, Ben finally got it up. I debated putting it up outside, but an indoor one just sounded kind of dreamy and so inside it went!

The girls absolutely love it! Most afternoons you will find one (or two) of them swinging back and forth. Sometimes it’s with a book in hand and sometimes not. When evenings come and the girls are in bed, I like to have my turn in the hammock and just relax. There is a couch across from it, so sometimes Ben will sit there and we’ll chat. One night, our power went out for a few hours, so I just opened up the windows, lit some candles, and quietly read while lying in the hammock. It was such a peaceful evening. Those types of evenings need to happen here more often.

It hangs from a very sturdy clasp and chain that are hooked onto some really sturdy eye bolts. Ben found the stud in the wall and that’s where the eye bolts went in. It is very secure and as long as it is being used properly, there are no problems. My only qualm is that the hanging fringe comes off easily, so I am always having to crochet it back on. Other than that, it’s a pretty dreamy place to relax and it’s one of our new favorite spots in the house.

Our indoor hammock is a spot in our house that definitely makes us smile. What spot in your home makes you smile?

Comments

28 Responses to “this makes us smile”

1. Noe says:

Ooooooh!!! I love your hammock!!!! It´s lovely and it has an incredible color!!!

2. That hammock looks like indoor perfection. Better yet….no bugs to contend with. Happy Summer!!

3. Jozen says:

Sounds like the perfect spot to spend a peaceful afternoon!

4. Sydney says:

This is such a great idea. Your blog posts always have a sense of family-like coziness. :)

5. sharyl says:

i really really love that hammock! If I had one of those inside (or outside) my house, I will never ever get up. EVER. I will just lay there all day reading…esp. now that I’ve discovered how easy it is to buy kindle books.

6. Danielle says:

I’d love an indoor hammock. That looks awesome.

7. Ray says:

This is so fun! I would have loved this when I was younger. I would still love this!

8. I’ve never seen an indoor hammock but now I’m dying to put one in our house!

9. I don’t really have a smiling spot in our home because we have a tiny 2 bdrm duplex home and not much furniature or decorations at all. I’m a minimalist that makes that even worse. When I look around I want less. Your house looks so pretty and I love the colors and the small things that look lovely and not cluttery. I think I have a weird sense with that stuff because my parents are clutter freaks and I hate hate hate it and they’ve never rid of anything since they moved there in 1973. :: sigh ::
    Anyway I love the indoor hammock. I think it is unique and comfy and so sweet to see the girls hanging out on it together!

10. Miu says:

This is such a great idea!
    I wish I had the space to have an indoor hammock for myself!

11. Karla says:

I really want to get a hammock and have looked at lots of pictures of indoor swings and hanging beds, so this would be a great compromise! I love the colors and design – where did you get it?

12. Lisa Taffin says:

Hello,

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your hammock and was wondering if you would mind passing on the details of where you bought it..I have never seen one so beautiful.. You have fantastic taste..Bravo :)

13. Mariana says:

amazing! i just love your space! the hammock is beautiful! now i want one in my room! hah! you should be shown in design sponge! (o^____^o)’/”

14. Bianca says:

I know you wrote you bought it two years ago, but is it a store that makes them or would still carry them? We need one!

15. Dominique says:

Just found this fun post and would love a colorful hammock in our home too. Any suggestions as to where we can find one similar? Please let me know when you have a chance. Thanks!

16. Reem Faruqi says:

This is a beautiful room! saw this on a beautiful mess blog. Your hammock is to die for!! Love the colors and your girls look so cozy in it :) . Enjoy!!

17. Jessica says:

This is awesome! We’ve been stuck on needing a new couch for our front room which is quite small and a lot of convention furniture just isn’t us or will fit the space. I think this may be exactly what we need to do. Etsy here I come.