my refashioned denim dress and my girls

May 12, 2014

denim dressdenim dressI scored at my last trip to the thrift store and thrifted this denim dress. It was about 5 sizes bigger, and I just cut the sleeves a bit narrower, change the cut of the dress, made it shorter, and these couple of quick fixes gave me another nice basic. The dress was only $4, so I feel like I scored big time. I already wore the dress a few times last week, but decided it would also make the perfect Mother’s Day dress too.

my girls and memy girls and memy girls and meOn Saturday night, True slept in the clothes she was going to wear for Mother’s Day because she said she wanted to be ready early to help Ben make breakfast in bed for me. Totally funny and adorable! These girls of mine, I love them. Motherhood is like a roller coaster, exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. Well, I love roller coasters, but if you’re just plain frightened of them, then that analogy wouldn’t work for you.

19 comments on “my refashioned denim dress and my girls”

• Lindsay Eryn says:

This reminds me to thrift shop more! Thanks for the inspiration!

• erica says:

i love the fact that you used an existing dress and refitted it… you totally scored!!

• Rubyellen says:

Thank you! I agree. I can’t wait to make another trip to see if there’s something else I can refashion.

• nikki says:

i currently have two thrift store dresses i scored about a month ago just hanging in my closet that desperately need a good hem. i’m working up the courage to do it and i think you just inspired me! 🙂

xxoo,
    nikki

• sgrmse. says:

the dress looks gorge on you, rubyellen!! 😀

• Claudia S. says:

That dress is so cute!!! You look great!

• jack says:

I think the fact that you’re not a fashion blogger is what makes these posts so relatable and great!top

• lisa says:

My budget has zero room for buying clothes right now. Is it possible to join the Style Me Pretty challenge just to get ideas? Goodness knows my wardrobe could use the help when there are funds in the budget.birds of love

• lisa says:

I love how you made the Fitbit work with the rest of your outfit! I didn’t even notice it at first. Normally these trackers are a little too obvious, but with the right styling it totally looks chicwomen fashion

• lisa says:

I love how you made the Fitbit work with the rest of your outfit! I didn’t even notice it at first. Normally these trackers are a little too obvious, but with the right styling it totally looks chic!For more visit here to learn more about SMP

• lisa says:

Hi,

• lisa says:

In the event that an individual is unfortunate casualty, at that point he can without much of a stretch notice hairlessness either on crown or frontal hair area. These regions are normally get influenced by male example hair sparseness. The sparseness turns out to be clear when you lost 50 percent hair of that territory. Bikinis

• lisa says:

Thanks for the useful information. I study at the university and every day I see possible friends. All my friends dress in fashion and spend a lot of money on clothes. I need to write my college essay on fashion trends. I do not have time to follow fashion trends, so I read blogs about fashionable clothes.teedoris

• lisa says:

I know right?! I came across this blog searching for a specific pair of leggings I saw on instagram and I’m absolutely shocked by both the blog and the comments! People are insane.for blog

• lisa says:

Just a friendly note that this fun project was featured today on my post “10 DIY Last Minute Christmas Gifts”. Hope you’ll swing by and check it out. Merry Christmas!fashion blog

• lisa says:

Thanks for the useful information. I study at the university and every day I see possible friends. All my friends dress in fashion and spend a lot of money on clothes. I need to write my college essay on fashion trends. I do not have time to follow fashion trends, so I read blogs about fashionable clothes.curvy clothes

• The raging trends of bikinis now available are mostly inspired from movies. Most of the bikinis come in prints of stripes, floral or patterns of checks. The colors are mostly black but colors like blue, white and purples are in vogue too

• lisa says:

In the event that an individual is unfortunate casualty, at that point he can without much of a stretch notice hairlessness either on crown or frontal hair area. These regions are normally get influenced by male example hair sparseness. The sparseness turns out to be clear when you lost 50 percent hair of that territory.Teezip

• lisa says:

Thank you for your advice, I now like to emphasize my style with accessories. So that instead of rash purchases, your favorite accessory flaunts on your wrist, you should soberly and prudently evaluate its appearance and compliance with your style.fashion