family meals: week 78

family meals family meals Hummus Quesadilla. I wanted to make this, so I made hummus, but forgot to get avocados, so the meal was pretty boring. This week was insanely busy, so making this is the cooking I did for the week. The other nights were macaroni and cheese, sandwiches, and leftovers. Sometimes, this is what life looks like and it’s all good.

Week of 6/16 – 6/20
Monday: Seafood Pasta
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: White Bean Chili
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Sushi

And to show you how the girls ate their quesadillas while Ben and I were running around the house trying to take care of things…

the girls Not at the dinner table and in front of the iPad. Probably didn’t even need to blog a “Family Meals” post this week since it was kind of ho-hum, but this is what life looks like sometimes.

Comments

7 Responses to “family meals: week 78”

1. savannah says:

I love your honest posts, life is so busy sometimes its nice to see real life in a blog, hats off to you for even snapping a photo <3

2. Sarah W says:

I’m so glad you posted this. I feel really bad that many nights we sit in front of the TV to eat our meals (it is baseball season after all), and sometimes I feel like I’m the only person in the world who succumbs to this, but seeing that even you have done this makes me feel just a little bit better. :) Thanks! Also, can’t wait to see your new light and where you ended up putting it.

• Rubyellen says:

We all do the best we can as parents, don’t we? It’s been happening here lots lately, but the girls don’t mind. ;)

3. nikki says:

they are all 4 so cute!! that pic is precious!

xxoo,
    nikki

4. margaret says:

i love this post, it is very much appreciated…it appears everyone can relate to it. “this is what life looks like sometimes” may have to become my new mantra :) and you know what? that life looks like a really happy one to me. it’s human, not perfect because perfect is boring and probably doesn’t exist anyway!

5. Caitlin says:

Thanks for this. I struggle so much and feel very guilty when I don’t provide healthy balanced meals for my kids EVERY NIGHT. Your post helped me realize I’m normal!