Tomorrow it’s just me and them. I am really nervous for me and I think Ben is really nervous for me (or maybe more for them). I have been thinking about some of the verses you have shared and I probably should put them on post-its and scatter them around the house so I will be reminded throughout the day. I definitely need fighter and comfort verses.
If you do remember, please do pray for me. I will definitely need it. I am by no means a perfect mother and my need to control (and failure to let God) gets the best of me most of the time, which also robs me the joy of serving God through my children. If there was a Control Freak Anonymous, I would be the first to be at the podium…
Hello. My name is Rubyellen and I am a control freak.
Learned and links…
– My love for ketchup (and onions) is coming back and I am liking burgers again. Yum.
– I need something sweet to eat after every meal. Preferably chocolate.
– Glow is an eater, more like a drinker, and is gaining weight nicely. This week we will check the prognosis of her jaundice.
– Soul has been finicky with foods of late.
– Ben really is the best (Yup, you Ben!). He has completely taken over everything these past few weeks and his presence will really be missed while his days will now be spent at work and not at home. I am thinking he may do better as a stay home dad than I do as a stay home mom.
– I have nothing to wear to a wedding this Saturday as my body is still in that weird postpartum filled with lots of milk stage. Melody, are sweats an option?!
– This DIY is rad.
– I want to eat these. Actually, I was about to make some when I realized I had no flour and butter.
– Oh! And I need to do kegels in a major way. Let’s just say I made an accident and for a minute I thought my water broke, but then realized that I already had the baby. Oy! Now I know what it feels like to be a toddler.
Ah… tomorrow is Monday!