1. Cut out 4″-6″ long leaves from the cardstock.
2. Cut a 1″-2″ slit down the middle of each leaf length-wise. Then, cut little notches on both sides of each leaf.
3. Add a dab of glue on the bottom of one side of the leaf, then overlap the other side to curl the leaf upwards. Hold in place, and allow glue to set.
5. Cut off flower head from the stem, and proceed to glue on leaves and flowers onto the embroidery hoop.
6. Cut out a 24″ strand of yarn and tie that onto the wreath … and hang!
Supplies for this provided as part of the Michaels Makers Series. Currently, you can enter to Win a Trip to the Makers Summit Contest (read last year’s recap here; watch the video here). Get more details here and upload a photo of your personalized project. There will be 50 winners and I’ve got my fingers crossed one of you win. It would be so fun to hang out and craft together!