I’m working on a project that I can’t wait to share with you all soon. Hint: it has to do with my basket obsession (and maybe a new shop).
Annie Costello Brown earrings are my fave and this one seems to be on sale right now.
Thankful for Ben’s leading to read the Bible together every day, though I might have been hesitant at times (when he wants to read right before bed). We’re reading through Revelations together.
Super grateful that the girls can reach the top shelves of the kitchen now, so they can put away plates and bowls! Now, I only have to put away the glasses. This is very helpful.
How cool is this space pod playhouse?! Not badly priced too.
Besides my love for blue and denim, I’ve been drawn to a lot of cream and ivory lately like in this outfit.
Last week, I didn’t pick a bad habit to kick , but I’m still struggling with the turning to my Bible first rather than IG or Pinterest first thing in the morning. I think that’s what I’ll keep needing to work on for this next week.
My girls might love this sushi bake; I might try out my own version this week.
One of 3 plants I’m looking for until I declare my home plant collection complete.
We don’t redecorate often in our home. I stick to what I love and never really go with the home trends (never got on that chevron pattern thing), but I am itching to redecorate a little. I don’t want to change out any furniture (I love what we have!), but maybe move things around and change out some accent pieces. First, I have to tackle taxes and then the home rearranging can commence.
Have a glorious weekend friends!
Bunch of faux flowers
Raffia covered wire
1. Measure the wire around the head, add a couple inches to each end (so they can overlap when connected), and cut wire. Cut out short stems of the flowers, bunch them together, and tie onto desired spot on the wire using a 8″ strand of twine/ribbon. Continue to add flowers onto the wire until desired fullness. Tie the twine/ribbon throughout to secure onto the wire. Overlap the wire ends together to desired size, and twist around each end to secure.
The girls and I went to Michaels the other day to pick up some thread and we perused through all the faux flowers because the aisle was so colorful and pretty. They picked out this bunch to bring home and requested a floral crown. With four girls, crown requests happen quite often. If you look back in my project archives, you will see we’ve made several. I like how easy this one is because instead of wrapping each stem with floral tape or wire, it was simply tied on with a piece of string. This makes it a project the (big) girls can do without me. The younger two need a little more supervision and guidance in determining how long to cut the stems and ribbon. March 20th… we are counting down until spring is officially here. I think we will be wearing our crowns to usher in the new season. Peruse past crown projects here.
I have another dress to jumpsuit project to share with you. I drew out an illustration here, so you can see how easily you change a large dress into a jumpsuit. It’s best to buy a dress a few sizes bigger than your normal size. If it’s too form fitting, the leg will bunch up too much and look weird. I cut this leg a different way than I normally have in the past; I wish I did my normal straight cut up the middle. Nevertheless, the jumpsuit still came out close to what I was thinking and they give me Ilana Kohn vibes (very similar to this jumpsuit).
Something to note, the dress has a Henley style neckline, so I can easily put on and take off the jumpsuit. If the neck opening isn’t large enough for you to wiggle your body into, you would have to create a key hole neck opening at the back. To make your own, get the illustration here. Check out other dress to jumpsuit projects here and here.
on me: edwardian top, vintage from ms. tips (similar here). jumpsuit, thrifted and altered (this dress would definitely work for this project). earrings, vintage (similar here and here). chicago clogs, c/o maguba.
Ben’s cousin got married earlier this month and I had the wonderful job of making the ring pillow. The color the pillow needed to be was champagne, and the sequins and satin fabric I found at Joann’s worked perfectly.
When I think back at my own wedding, there were lots of handmade touches. I didn’t even know how to sew yet! Had I known, I probably would have made my own ring pillow. I embossed my own invitations, then did water color on them, and I even sewed a button on each one. My wedding topper was something I sculpted from clay (see here). It’s been so long now, at least in my mom brain, that I don’t remember what else I made. I just remember sitting on the floor of my bedroom always making something. Now with Pinterest, weddings have gone to a whole new level. I’m glad Pinterest wasn’t around when I got married.