Whew! That was a busy week. Between the rainy days and the sunny days, there was a lot of playing, cleaning, and most especially gardening. The girls were all out with me yesterday playing as I was planting. My hands are so calloused and roughed up from all the gardening (and I already have dry hands to begin with). I ought to use gloves but it just doesn’t feel the same. I like feeling the soil and bringing it up to my nose and smelling it! Best of all, I love that there are flowers outside that I can bring inside.
But after the days of gardening, last night I conked out in bed. After I read, I meant to go downstairs to snack and get my camera to upload pictures and blog, but then I was so tired I couldn’t move and then fell asleep. Ben came upstairs to check on me, which woke me up, and I realized I still had to wash my face, floss, and brush my teeth. I hesitantly got out of bed to do so, but went back in bed to floss, then fell asleep while flossing. Ben had to wake me up to brush my teeth. Man oh man, I was tired. It is a good hard working kinda tired though and not a morning sickness tired. The days are getting better for me… praise God!
Things I learned this week…
– No one is selling any peony plants in our local nurseries.
– These would make the cutest gardening shoes.
– This thrifty challenge sounds like fun.
– My main problem isn’t my impatience with the girls, but I have a much too demanding spirit and self-will. I need to be much more unselfish and prayerful about everything, but especially the girls.
– Child commercialism is so deceiving, of course own-ness also must be given to the parents. Watch this documentary.
– This book is such an eye opener. I really love it. Read it.
– Sales like the one over at Ms. Tips are always friendlier on the pocket book.
What did you learn this week? Happy weekending!!!