HAPPY HALLOWEEN

halloween 2011
halloween 2011
halloween 2011
halloween 2011halloween 2011halloween 2011halloween 2011halloween 2011halloween 2011
halloween 2011
happy halloween
costume details: pants, vest, hat sash, and bow tie: sewn by me; bow tie pattern: blue cricket design tutorial; true and brave’s shirts: marcus uniforms; soul’s shirt: c/o vintage aga; glow’s shirt: an old lap tee; skimmer hats: zurchers party store; mustache on a stick: something’s hiding in here.
This year I changed it up a bit and instead of our usual story, we decided to do a song and dance number and a barbershop quartet fit our newly grown family perfectly. Though if you watch the video, not everyone was involved or in the mood, but that’s life with little ones and you just have to roll with the punches. But I must say, rolling with the punches isn’t always easy. Nonetheless, I find their little show adorably heart melting. I mean, Brave’s not singing, but she makes the best faces and True is shy, but she isn’t when mommy’s behind the camera, and well Soulie, she is kinda being her little feisty self and not wanting to do anything. Then there’s Glow… and she just fell asleep. We Bratchers always love having a bit of fun dressing up! It always makes for good memories…
We can’t wait to go trick or treating tonight! Wanna see our past Halloween stories? Read The Three Little Piggies, Hannah and Gretel, The Untold Story of Oz, and Little Red Riding Hood.
It is a teensy bit long, but if you want a good laugh, here is a slightly different kind of sandman, the Metallica version, an improv done afterwards by True and Ben…

Comments

49 Responses to “HAPPY HALLOWEEN”

1. ikiz Bebek says:

they are so sweet.
    happy halloween.

2. lynxymama says:

this is the cutest thing ever!!

3. Eleni says:

Too good! This will KILL them when they are teenagers ;)

4. could not any cuter! i love soul!

5. astr!d says:

ok, the barbershop quartet is so stinkin cute!!! and i just kept giggling that true was so into it, but all the rest were doing their own things!!! ahhhh, good times!!!

6. you guys crack me up. oh my gosh! Impressive to keep four kids in one spot that long, i must say! well done and ADORABLE…

and true pretty much rocks!

7. Greta says:

Truly the most creative and adorable costumes EVER. You are amazing.
    Love from,
    Greta

8. CUTEST. Halloween costumes. EVER!

Seriously, I think you deserve an award.

9. jane says:

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

the girls look like DAPPER DANS from DISNEYLAND! :) have you guys seen them? they are totally the miniature version of the quartet at dland… except your kids are girls: beautiful bratchers. :)

i love how each girl is so unique in her personality and it comes through in pictures. :)

LOVE YOU! playtime again soon…

10. Melissa says:

HA, HA…so cute.

Love the costumes so much.

The best is that Metallica version. My kiddos (4 and 6) had me replay about 15 times the part where True starts crying. Why do kids find it so interesting to see other kids crying??

So cute…did you make the pants and vests?

11. Brooke says:

Ummm…I'm on cute overload.

12. bri kim says:

seriously i did not think the cutest kids in blog land could get any cuter and then this happens!! i am amazed by your creativity. soooo adorable!!!

13. Monica says:

What an adorable idea for costumes! You are such a creative mommy! And that video of True rocking out is way too cute, she's got the most darling little voice, she is truly “raising the roof!”

14. giselaandzoe says:

Rubyellen,

This is amazing! love it, so creative. the girls are so cute!

15. sharyl says:

i am melting with cuteness! True's got some rockin' moves. And how cute is Soul head banging with a hair brush in her hand?! Happy Halloween!

16. Rima Family says:

This is the cutest quartet I've ever seen! What a clever Mum you are!

17. Misha Lulu says:

Soooooooooo goooood, the girls are so funny, cute , awessssooooooommmmme!
    Talking about brilliant! love u guys!

18. Robyn says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

19. lnhwang says:

Happy Halloween!! So adorable!
    WOW, Glow is so good, I can't even get Senna to sit on her own for 2 minutes w/out her starting to cry!!

20. HannasHörna says:

Hi! So cute…I'm so impressedby you…hugs from Sweden

21. Ana says:

That's so cute.

22. kristen says:

adorable! I LOVE THEM!! cutest family ever.

23. Awww, they look so cute! Love the last photo of all four!

24. Ana says:

You guys are awesome! You did an amazing job on the costumes!! This will for sure make for great memories!

25. Brave's expressions kill me! So cute!

26. Stacy says:

cutest idea ever, they look awesome. happy halloween!

27. Alely says:

they are too stinkin' adorable!

28. oh my gosh, this is TOO adorable!!

29. your family are the CUTEST! enjoyed the video a lot :)

30. angie says:

jane told me how the girls were like the dapper dans. we joosis LOVE the dapper dans! great costume idea!!! the girls look so cute.

31. Gaby says:

I cannot get over how incredibly cute your girls are, and how awesome are all the Halloween stories you guys have made over the years. Ah-ma-zing! Happy Halloween :)

32. if you sold a book with just pictures of brave's many faces, i'd buy it for my coffee table. she's sooo stinkin' cute!

33. Linda Park says:

BRAVES FACE = the best.

34. OMG your girls are the cutest ever, i LOVE the outfits very very sweet. Nice that your beautiful True shares your hubbys love of Metalica….raise the roof….hilarious!

35. Katyha says:

could Glow's belly be any cuter?
    gorgeous, gorgeous photos as always

36. The Lady says:

AWESOMENESS!!! That video was too much. Love the propped up stash on baby girl.

37. mlle.emma says:

Beyond cute! They make my heart melt :-)

38. Andria says:

Those costumes look preofessional! I love the color choices, and you got great photos! Well done yet again….this is the 3rd Halloween I've been following your blog, and I always look forward to it!

39. SO CUTE!! Oh my goodness, I adore your little Soulie, she reminds me of the little girl in Annie. They're all adorable, great costumes! (: Just found your blog, it's lovely! Keep smiling!

40. Hannah says:

Brave…is super cool! And I love True's little fairy voice =)

41. Ohmygosh…what an awesome lil costume ensemble!!! :) They're adorable!

42. thinkpriddy says:

cutest costumes! i knew yours would be good :)

43. lili ash says:

This is “oh my goodness” cute! So awesome- love it.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying...
  1. [...] for awhile you know that we really have a lot of fun with Halloween costumes, we’ve had a barber shop quartet, The Three Little Piggies, Hannah and Gretel, The Untold Story of Oz, and Little Red Riding Hood. [...]

2. [...] the story larger, you can click here and zoom in or out. Check out past Halloween stories… barber shop quartet, The Three Little Piggies, Hannah and Gretel, The Untold Story of Oz, and Little Red Riding Hood, [...]

3. [...] at some of our past Halloween stories… 2012: The Adventures of Spider-Girl & She-ra 2011: Barbershop Quartet 2010: The Three Little Piggies 2009: Hannah and Gretel 2008: The Untold Story of Oz 2007: Little [...]

4. [...] Barbershop Quartet via My Cakies  | This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, and it would also be really fun for a group of adults. You can buy one of those cool hats here. [...]

5. [...] so we had to put a detective in the story. One of my other favorites was when my girls were a barbershop quartet together. They looked so cute! Anyway, we have this year planned already, but in case you don’t, [...]